Friday, May 30, 2008
The Sex and the City movie will premier nation wide today! Carrie is known as the ultimate martini drinker, trend setter. Will she be a trend setter for our brides? Her gown is a duchess silk satin with a plunging neckline and a pick up ballgown skirt. The gown definitely emphases her tiny waist. It seems like she is wearing current trends, but exaggerating them. The sweetheart heart neckline is ever so popular. She went with a daring approach and had the points of the sweetheart extend past her underarm. One trend I don't recommend copying is a wrinkly dress. The seamstress should steam out your dress after the fitting. PLEASE purchase a hand steam for the day of. It is fabric and it does wrinkle. Have a friend that is not in the wedding steam the dress out for you while you are getting your hair and make up done.
Lets talk about the feathers! Wow, they are BIG, but she is getting married to BIG! Its very Carrie so I'll let it slide.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 9:02 AM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.