Flowers were first placed on and around brides when the ancient Greeks used them as a gift from nature for the bride. No offense to mother nature, but something new has begun to take her flower's place: the silk flower. More and more sassy brides are turning to the beautiful and delicate flower for their hair on their wedding day, and for good reasons. First and foremost, silk flowers last. You don't have to worry about them wilting, turning brown, or dying in the middle of "I do". On top of that, you can get them with crystals, or pearls in the center to add a little bit of sparkle to your hair, which can jazz up the simplest of bridal hair. Some even come made of feathers, so it opens up a whole new line of options. Silk flowers also make a beautiful keepsake. If you don't put them in a shadow box to exhibit, they can always be worn again. It will be like reliving the special day all over again, whether it's for an anniversary, or just a special night out. With new trends hitting the runways for the bridal world, it's nice to have something modern, yet classic for the wedding day.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.