Sunday, June 29, 2008
The votes are in and Ivory took the lead as the top wedding gown color! Over 52% voted for ivory over white, champagne, and other non-traditional dress colors.
Ivory is also my personal favorite. It gives the dress a vintage, timeless feel and really shows off the quality of the fabric. Ivory tends to also be a lot more flattering on the skin. Most photographers recommend ivory because a white dress gets BRIGHT white in photos. If you are outside keep in mind that a white will look really bright as well.
Most importantly, ask your consultant for the color swatches so you can determine what color is best for you. Step right outside with the swatches so you can see the colors in natural lighting. If you're having a white and black wedding don't be afraid to change it to ivory and black. It won't take away from the theme and still looks elegant.
Thanks for your votes! Its always interesting to see from the eyes of our customers.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 2:46 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.