Thursday, July 24, 2008
Over the years I have had the privilege of working with the areas tops vendors. Gainesville really does have high-quality, great customer service options for your hometown wedding. One of my favorite Venues is Golden Ocala. Last year I went to a former bridal consultant's, Lauren Heatherly, black and pink wedding. They have a gorgeous two room cocktail area that opens up to a huge reception and a veranda. For your wedding planning needs Avie has a group of professional, wedding enthusiast that will help you all the way up to the big day. Betsy from the Plant Shoppe is so creative and easy to get along with. She also knows all the fine details when it comes to invitations. Last but not least, we have our very own Entertainment company. Solutions Entertainment is were it all got started. Thats right. The D.J.'s can travel to any Florida or Georgia venue and are clean cut, professionals. They aren't the cheesy kind that pull out the clown masks! I can't tell you how many thank you cards we get from the brides they help. So there you have it. If your in the planning stages make sure to call our favorite vendors. Also, check out our vendors listed on the blog.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 2:34 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.