As the newest member of the team at Solutions Bridal I am learning new things everyday...
I began my wedding gown hunting about two and a half years ago. I was a November bride and really wanted something with long sleeves and a high neckline reminiscent of my mothers dress, but, updated in style. I quickly came to find out that, in the era of the strapless dress, there are few options that allow for more coverage while still maintaining the up-to-date style. Or so I thought...
Since beginning work here I have come to find out that there are actually some great options. Many of the designers can either make a bolero jacket or sell extra fabric that can easily made into a jacket or wrap by our seamstress. Or another great option is Jasmine's Temple Ready line. Through this line this company, which is known for their flexibility in designing the "perfect gown,"offers alternative necklines on many of their dresses. So, whether you are looking for more coverage for religious or cultural reasons, or just want a unique customization to your gown ask your bridal consultant about the options available with your gown.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.