I came across this photo a couple of months ago and it just made me laugh. Jessica is wearing a gorgeous gown designed by ME and the fabulous Megan Frey. This was at Solutions Bridal's 5 year anniversary at Steve's Cafe Americana. Newell, the owner of Solutions Bridal, always has surprises up his sleeve. Well, let just say there was all sorts of crazy wedding trivia and competitions. He selected a couple of consultants to design a wedding gown out of toilet paper. Immediately we knew we had to have a bouquet and a veil. Those are just the crucial elements that a bride can't go without. It was all about the walk down the "aisle" as well. Jessica strutted her "cotton" a.k.a. toilet paper gown down the dress. It was a true fashion show we will never forget.
Moral of the story, have fun at your Wedding Shower. This is a great way to break the ice. Besides, those are the true times that are never forgotten. Its not everyday you get to create an ridiculous wedding gown out of Charmin.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.