Saturday, October 4, 2008
The truth is most of our tips and advice comes from our clients. We can't take too much credit. This Saturday our clients introduced us to a photographer,a venue, and bridesmaid gifts.
Find #1:One my Ocala brides is using CKC Photography to capture her wedding day. So, after I got the referral, I had to check out CKC and the pictures are incredible! The photo above is by Carolyn Clarke. Make sure to visit her blog for more www.ckcphotography.blogspot.com.
Find #2: Today, Cherish's bride found a gorgeous Marisa organza gown to go with her Town Manor Wedding. This outdoor/indoor wedding venue is located on Lake Juliana, Florida. Its an all inclusive bed and breakfast that provides a stress-free planning experience.
Find #3: How do you pop the question, Will you be my bridesmaid? During Brittany's bridesmaid appointment the bride gave her bridesmaids a "Will you be my bridesmaid" cookie with a sweet personalized poem on the icing. She purchased the dress shaped cookie from an online company. The only problem is its too cute to eat!
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 3:26 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.