October 18, 2008 several of our brides tied the knot and are officially a MRS. We wanted to take the time to congratulate all of our beautiful brides. Our clients are so unique and have their own taste and take on weddings. That is what makes our job a blast. No appointment is ever the same. Some of these brides we have worked with for over a year. As consultants we try to build a friendship with our bride to make their planning experience a delight. Its a bitter sweet experience for us because we have to say bye to our clients, but we also know that the day they have been waiting for is finally here!
Congrats to Mrs. McCready, Mrs. Schneider, Mrs. Straka, and Mrs. Wassink. We look forward to seeing the complete look in your photos!
*Image from www.stylemepretty.com ~ The Ultimate Bridal Blog
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.