Thursday, October 9, 2008
Last night I watched the Part I Finale of Project Runway. Surprisingly, it was all about wedding gowns and bridesmaid dresses! So, naturally I had some critics and praises.
Leanne's model graced the runway in a silk, fluid like gown. I'm in love with this gown. Its couture without too much funky details. Her bridesmaid dress represented the perfect contrast of bride and bridesmaid. The bridesmaid still looked sexy and sleek, but didn't compete with the bride's appearance.
Jerrill didn't make the cut with his silk catastrophe. He has been one of my favorites through out the competition, but he just didn't seem to have the passion for weddings
Korto, my favorite, had her bridesmaid originally in an almost identical gown as the bride. Tim Gunn warned her to tone down the bridesmaid so she doesn't look like the bride. She made a smart decision to crop the full-length gown to just above the knee. This is a great tip for a bride that falls in love with a full-length gown, but wants t-length. Just have your seamstress hem the dress, and wholah you found your bridesmaid dress.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 12:00 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.