Sunday, November 30, 2008
My recent weekend away in The Big NYC inspired me to invent a grand New York wedding. New York is filled with fast paced action, high fashion, and plenty of romance. From the holiday lights all around the city, to the quaint restaurants, to the gorgeous museums and venues... it all seemed like the perfect place for me to tie the knot (or at least take inspiration and plan a New York themed wedding someplace local). Traveling to New York or any place of your choice can give you, as the bride, the inspiration needed to plan for your big day.
For my NYC inspired wedding I would find a gorgeous museum with high ceilings, and fill the open space with low lighting and candles. Next, I'd mix in high energy fun by adding upbeat music, a grand dance floor, and an unbeatable martini lounge. Floating hors' dourves with New York classics such as cheesecake would be a must. Oh, and we must not leave out the fashion... what was I thinking?! I would wear something Classic and Chic such as http://annebarge.com/static/Spring/2007/La_Fleur/It and then tie in daring accessories such as feathers and a fur bolero. My New York Inspired wedding would represent the love my fiance and I share as well as my high energy in the perfect way. The night would end with strolls through the City for pictures and most importantly memories that will last a lifetime.
I hope this helps to show how inspiration can come from anywhere and stem into something wonderful. Your wedding should be all that you want it to be and represent you and your partner in a beautiful way. If you are feeling overwhelmed deciding on a centerpiece or what type of accessories, try taking time to yourself like a small vacation, a walk in the park, or an afternoon in the bookstore flipping through books. :)
Posted by Cherish (Bridal Consultant) at 2:50 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.