1. Create a wedding program: It is a cinch to customize-all you need is a rubber stamp of your monogram to embellish a note card. Place a separate sheet inside with the program details inside and tie on embroidery thread.
2. Give a custom flourish to all your printed material with your own logo, maybe with an image that's meaningful to you and your spouse, like a hobby or place.
3. Surprise guests with a special handwritten note in each place card. If you have a large guest list, try a lipstick-smooch mark and a "Glad you're here today!"
4. New twist on guest books. Traditional guest books often ended up stashed in a closet, instead choose a coffee-table book covering a subject you love and that you will want to display at home. Guests can write on the photos or in the margins.
5. A decorative brooch turns a simple bridal gown into a look that is all yours. At Solutions Bridal we have gorgeous Mikaella and BelAire brooches.
6. Colorful Crinoline. We loved the idea of one of our recent brides who had the unique idea to have pink crinoline under her wedding gown. A little history on crinoline: it was originally a stiff fabric with a weft of horse hair and a warp of cotton or linen thread.
From Brides Magazine February/March 2009.