A girl's first big day to look forward to is not always the wedding, but PROM! Prom is a stepping stone before the wedding. It's a chance for a girl to find the perfect dress, get hair and makeup done, and feel more special than she ever has before. Unfortnatley, not every girl is sure she will get the chance to have a dream prom because of costs, but thanks to the Gainesville Prom Closet it will be possible. Two of our past brides have started the Gainesville Prom Closet where prom dresses can be donated to help girls that aren't able to afford a dress. This is a great way to get rid of old prom dresses that might be being taking up space in your closet, and a great way to give back to the community!
Solutions in Gainesville is loves and supports the Gainesville Prom Closet. Solutions is now a drop off location for prom dresses! So brides gear up, get your dresses together and drop them off!!!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.