Congrats to Mrs. Gretchen Kostedt! On April 25, 2009 our fabulous jewelry designer walked down a sandy aisle in Destin, FL. Her sister was married last year and purchased a Marisa gown with us. When it was Gretchen's turn to find the dress we knew we had to go with a little more bling. She designs custom jewelry for our salon so we had to take the gown a step up and incorporate rhinestones and crystals that she is use to working with on a daily basis. Her wedding colors were Red and Turquoise. Most of our beach brides tend to pick light shades of green and blue, but the bold colors against the light sand and ocean really pop in the photos. Enjoy life as a newly wed Gretchen!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.