Friday, May 22, 2009
Christina, one of our very own, tied the knot on May 8th in Melbourne Beach. Her wedding was absolutely gorgeous, filled with hot pink, damask prints and feathers, exactly her style and completely Christina! She is such a wonderful person to work with, and we're all so incredibly happy for her and her husband Nathan...they're such a perfect pair.
She bought her gown in New Zealand and then fully customized it when she brought it back to the States. It just goes to show, nothing is impossible and you can always get your dream gown! Nathan kept it simple with a black vest, tie and jacket, and her girls wore long classic black strapless dresses. Christina chose to do hot pink and white frosted cupcakes on towers, and a damask print groom's cake. Every detail went perfectly with her feather hair accessories and her hot pink shoes!
She came back to work on Monday and we couldn't wait to hear about absolutely everything and see pictures! Lindsey and Beto, a husband and wife team of Lindsey Joy Photography, did a fabulous job of capturing the spirit of Christina and Nathan's relationship. The sample photos they put up in their blog are so beautiful, we can't wait to see more! Visit their website to view their work: lindseyjoy.com/blog
Congratulations Christina and Nathan, we love you and wish you many many years of happiness together!
- Winter Park Salon Girls
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 11:09 AM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.