Thursday, June 11, 2009
The plot of the movie "The Hangover" may be every bride's nightmare: Just two days before his wedding, the groom, Doug, takes three of his friends to Las Vegas for a crazy bachelor party. The next morning the three friends wake up and find that Doug is missing and they have little time to find him before making it back in time for the wedding. The movie is hilarious, but may not for the bride who is faint-of-heart. However, the wedding in the movie is GORGEOUS, so if you still need some inspiration I would definitely recommend checking it out. The bride's dress in particular is stunning. The strapless silk organza A-line dress by Amsale features a sweetheart neckline with shirred bodice, natural waist, and satin ribbon with floral detail. You can check out more views of the dress, as well as the rest of the Amsale collection on Brides.com. The Amsale website also has further details.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.