When I found out my mom was getting remarried, my first thought was what the heck am I going to wear? Of course my dress would come from my place of work, but what desinger? We carry so many here and I just wasn't sure which one to choose. After working with Britt and Tali on what I wanted the dress to look like, I decided on Watters and Watters! The dress I ended up getting is a dupioni silk in navy. I could not have chosen a better dress for the occasion. It can be worn in many different ways by tieing the sash in whatever fashion you would like. Here are some pictures take of the dress and my mom and I on the big day! Congrats mom and thank you so much to Britt, Tali and all my co-workers for their amazing help deciding on the perfect dress for such a special day!
^The ceremony was at First Baptist North Naples ^
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.