Thursday, August 27, 2009
Let me just say... I'm loving some Studio Cara makeup right now! The spa and makeup salon located at 1620 S. Orlando Ave., Maitland FL 32751 is known for bridal make up applications and how-to sessions.
Recently, the girls at the Winter Park store all got a few goodies from them. Two colors of eye shadow and an all-over-color that lasts all day. I'm obsessed with their Bimini Unicolor!
Tomorrow night Studio Cara is hosting Champagne & Cupcakes at the Haute Hostess Aprons Trunk Show. They're featuring some of the cutest (and sexiest!) aprons I've ever seen, hands down.
Come for the make up, come for the aprons. Heck, if anything come for the champagne! Either way, you're sure to score something fab at Studio Cara
Posted by Heather M. Stewart at 4:51 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.