Every season Solutions Bridal does a "Ditch and Switch". We remove our old bridesmaid dresses as we introduce the new. Several of the dresses can't be simply donated because they have "sample" marked on the back of them. Luckly, Solutions Bridal's Assistant Manager, Alicia Zutter, is a go-green designer that takes an innovative approach on ready to wear clothing. Her clothing line, ALICIA Zutter Couture, represents old bridesmaid dress fabrics transformed into fashion forward pieces.
Her line is all about feminine romantic looks with an edgy twist. As you look through her line, you can find touches of organza ruffles and rosettes done in exquisite jewel tones. Known as an expert stylist to her brides, Alicia takes design and accessory pairing to high regard. All of her patterns are originals and just need to be tailored to the body for the best fit. Alicia takes pride in using recycled fabrics, such as old bridesmaid dresses, and making them into pieces every girls swoons over.
In the picture above the lady on the left is wearing one of ALICIA Zutter Couture's Mother of the Bride gowns. Alicia is shown on the right showcasing her designs as well. Make sure to check the blog soon for more fashion news from ALICIA Zutter Couture!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.