Monday, November 30, 2009
Solutions Bridal was so fortunate to have KB's Kake Kreations Gainesville store yesterday! Our brides (and consultants!) indulged in delicious truffles of many flavors. From the decadent "Wedding White" truffle to the Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter, KB's Kake Kreations is sure to have just what you are looking for on your special day!
We had a few minutes to sit down and chat with Kathy and ask her a few questions about how she got started in the biz.
It all started when Kathy made a cake for her daughter's wedding. She received so many compliments on her creation that she decided to make her talent into a business. 7 years later, KB's Kake Kreations is producing one-of-a-kind cakes and truffles and was the 2008 and 2009 Pick for The Knot Best of Weddings.
Kathy says her favorite thing to make is her famous truffles and her favorite flavor to eat is the espresso truffle. The espresso truffle flavor has been said to taste like "the most expensive coffee in the world."
KB's Kake Kreations lives up to their promise when they say they create cakes with YOU in mind. Kathy once created a 5-tier Vegan cake for a Bat Mitzvah that is still talked about amongst local event vendors.
For more information, check out the KB's Kake Kreation website!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.