Friday, February 12, 2010

The Newest Bridal Stylist

Hello,

My name is Tanya Douglas, and I'm the newest stylist and bridal consultant here at Solutions Bridal. In joining the team, I bring a creative, designers' eye for style. I've recently graduated from the University of Florida with a degree in Landscape Architecture. I've painted for almost 14 years, and have worked in creative environments with clients and diverse design teams.

Upon coming into the shop, I would like to take a few minutes to talk and get to know you, and also to find out more about the type of wedding you are planning. This allows me to be able to choose a dress for you that fits your personality - something that you will feel great in on your wedding day. I'm happy to suggest any design changes that we can make to "a dress" to make it "The Dress". You may want to change the neckline, or you may want to add more beading or take beading away, and you might even want to consider shortening a dress to a "tea length". Accessories can also change the entire look and feel of your wedding ensemble. A different veil, hair piece, sash, or shoes can alter the character of a dress to fit your personality perfectly. There are so many options!

My favorite dress in the shop right now is a dress by Anne Barge. It's my favorite because it's a wedding gown with pockets! the pockets are part of the folds in the skirt and are formed with how the fabric is cut. It is unique, and it would even look great hemmed as a "tea length".

You can learn more about me and review my design portfolio at tanyaldouglas.com. If you go directly to tanyaldouglas.com/About, you can view my bibliography and some of my favorite personal photos.

I look forward to meeting you and helping choose "The Dress" for you. Come and see me at Solutions Bridal Designer House.

Tanya

No comments:

Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!

  • Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
  • Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
  • DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
  • Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
  • Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
  • If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
  • Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
  • Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
  • Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
  • When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.