Monday, February 8, 2010
We just received the sweetest email from our bride Allison! Check out her wedding pictures. The wedding took place at the Lake Mary Events center. Heather Ahrens photographed the silk McCaffrey gown and Black Jim Hjelm bridesmaid dresses. Thanks to Brittany with Tickled Pink Brides, the whole look came together perfectly on the wedding day.
Letter from our bride:
I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you guys! I had such an amazing
experience at Solutions! Amy was my consultant and she was just amazing! She spent almost 4 hours with me as I tried on what felt like a thousand dresses and never made me feel rushed! She kept telling me "its just like falling in love... When you know you know" and she was right! Before she even had MY dress zipped up I was in tears and in love... I couldnt help but hug her since I felt like she had made my dress dreams come true :) My mother, mother in-law, one of my bridesmaids and I were all in tears as Amy poured champagne for our toast! It was exactly like I always dreamt it would be! I always looked forward to going into Solutions and seeing you girls, the new dresses and accessories and purchasing not only my dress but my veil, hair piece, jewelery, bridesmaids dresses and bridesmaids gifts! How could I have gone anywhere else after Amy and Tali made me feel so special every time I stepped foot through those doors!
Thank you so much for making my hunt for the perfect dress so PERFECT!
Allison Raudebaugh (Vandeberghe)
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.