Wednesday, March 10, 2010
You said yes, you got the ring of your dreams, and now what? Slow down and think! You don’t have to run out and book a venue the following weekend just because they have your date available. Think about what kind of wedding you and your groom-to-be want to create. Something intimate and secluded, or something over the top and extravagant? A venue can certainly set the tone, and using your surroundings is a great start for your vision and your budget. Even the most skilled event producers can have a tough time transforming an urban loft to an Italian chateau. Especially when the chateau inspired venue was available and in your budget but you never looked into it.
Here are some amazing venues in Central Florida:
Rix Lounge: Trendy, lounge feel
Bella Collina: Italian inspired vineyard
Ballroom at Church Street: Large, elegant affair
Waldorf-Astoria: Formal, secluded garden
Grand Bohemian: Intimate, downtown rooftop
Heather M. Stewart- Stylish Traditions Wedding & Event Design
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.