The wedding gown has been found, the accessories have been ordered and there is only one thing left to find to complete the look; the shoes. Bridal shoes are made just for that special day, to be the foundation of the whole look of the bride. They are made to be extra comfortable and to match the wedding gown. Some brides opt for a more colorful shoe of choice, such as pink or red. White is harder to find outside the bridal world, especially in winter. The bride's shoes should compliment the dress, and the bride's own personal style. If the dress has some beading, let the shoes sparkle a little. If the gown is simple, some plain satin shoes are always great. If the gown is lace, try not to have too much beading on the shoe; it might snag the dress and tear it. Shoes should be found before the alterations, so that the dress is the perfect height for the big day. The shoes should be fun, and an expression of the bride since they will pop up in pictures and she will wear them again.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.