On Sunday, the Florida Bridal Expo will be at the Hilton here in Gainesville, and most brides have no idea how to approach it. The best way to begin is to buy your tickets in advance, and pre-register online. This way, you can just walk into the expo with your friends and family, and begin your journey through the amazing vendors. Once you are in the expo, there are a million things to see and do. My personal favorite is the cake tasting, and if you are bringing your male companion, this might be where you lose them. Many of the bridal vendors from Gainesville are there, and they are all prepared to talk to you, learn all about your wedding, and how they can help you. The higlight will be the fashion show, at least for us, and if you haven't gotten your dress or the bridesmaid dresses, it's a great opportunity to check out the newest styles. There will be a drawing for prizes at the end of the expo, so stick around. With the expo on Feb. 24th, it's not too soon to pick up your tickets.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.