Saturday, March 22, 2008

I can't believe exactly one month ago I was walking down the aisle! It seems like such a blur, take it from me time flies by! To all of you brides out there: remember throughout the wedding planning take time to enjoy your engagement, because once you get to the wedding, it is a whirlwind of excitement and you will get to your honeymoon and sit and think "Wow, what all just happened? Our wedding is over!" I would like to write a little about my wedding, to just show even though you have planned for a perfect day, not everything might work out perfectly, but at the end of that day you are married to your perfect someone. I'm sure many brides have stories of the little things that have happened on their special day. Even to quote our wonderful recent Winter Park bride (the other Brittany) said she always thought your wedding day is a seperate day in time that nothing can go wrong, but in a sad reality it is just another day, with just a special event going on, so things can happen!
To recap my own wedding day experience:
Our destination wedding was what I thought perfectly planned out, we not only were excited about the wedding, but the vacation time with our friends and family as well! But, then our little wedding "mishaps" happened...
1. I got really sick Monday before the wedding, by Wednesday I had to go to urgent care in a random town, and my wedding was on FRIDAY!
The fix: I got on major antibiotics and at least had time to rest! By Friday I was doing better!
Advice: Don't stress the fews prior to the wedding, get lots of sleep and rest, and eat healthy so you don't get sick!!!
2. The day before the wedding (after everyone had already came down for the wedding) my husband, Drew forgot his belt and certain things for the wedding!!!
The fix: We borrowed, and just went with it!!!
Advice: Make lots and lots of checklists! Make them off 2x!
3. The day of the wedding is when it got fun! My cake it was put outside to early so it started melting!
The fix: Have a great wedding coordinator that will take charge and move the cake inside!
Advice: Know when the vendors our delivering items, and have places for them.
4. After the cake was moved back to the right place, ants started attacking it!
Fix: SAME AS #3!!! GET A WEDDING COORDINATOR!
5. I made it down the aisle, but as my dad gives me away, he steps on the back on my dress and rips a huge hole on the back of it!
The fix: Have a friend at the wedding that knows how to sew! It was put back together and you would have never noticed the difference!
Advice:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I assume this post was from Brittany? Good tips--especially the part about having a wedding coordinator! I couldn't agree more.

Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!

  • Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
  • Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
  • DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
  • Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
  • Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
  • If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
  • Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
  • Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
  • Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
  • When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.