Tuesday, March 25, 2008
We all know that picking out the perfect bridesmaids gowns can be difficult. Not only do you have to find a dress that you find attractive, but it must look good on all your bridesmaids. It's hard to do because you may have one extremely short and one extremely tall bridesmaid, yet you need that one dress that they both love.
My best advice on bridesmaids dresses would be to take your bridesmaids into account. You need to think of their skintone, hair color and body type. Taking all this into account will be difficult and possibly stressful, but your bridesmaids will love you for picking out a dress that they could possibly wear after the wedding.
You don't necessarily need to ask your bridesmaids exactly which dress they want, because you could end up with 12 different answers. However, one way of finding out styles and colors your bridesmaids like is by looking at old pictures of them. If you look at pictures of them in previous cocktail dresses or nice tops, you may notice that many of them wear strapless often. Take that hint and run with it. That immediately can narrow your search, begin looking at strapless gowns that appeal to you. After you find a few dresses that you love, show your bridesmaids and get their final opinion.
Hopefully by doing this, you will be satisfying your bridesmaids, as well as, making them look their best. Here's a hint: keep in mind that your bridesmaids can get their long dresses cut into a cocktail length!!!! Good luck!
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 12:14 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.