Tuesday, May 27, 2008
One of our lovely brides got married a couple of weeks ago at the Ca d' Zan Mansion- The Ringling Museum in Sarasota, FL. If your going for an old Hollywood feel this venue is the way to go. From the interior walls to the decadent "ball room" outside, The Ringling Museum is filled with vintage elegance. If your looking for a venue in Sarasota area that overlooks the ocean this is a winner! Nina Sutherland captured every moment. To see more visit Nina's blog at www.ninasutherland.blogspot.com
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 1:18 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.