For every wedding, and every bride two things are essential: the venue and the dress. Most brides try to find a dress that not only fits their style, but also the location and weather for their wedding. This is especially true for a destination wedding. Some brides find stress in trying to figure out what kind of dress to wear to their wedding. The answer is very simple: It's all about the bride, their personal style, and their vision for their wedding. Whether the wedding is in Italy, or the recently-shown-to-us-by-a-bride Little Palm Island, the dress should be a reflection of the bride. If you find the dress of your dreams and it doesn't seem to work for your wedding, take a deep breath, and think for a second; will you regret buying a different dress that you think should be worn for a wedding on the beach? Will you still be dreaming about your "dream dress" while you're preparing to go down the isle? Go with your gut, and everything will look beautiful, and in the end, you will be happy.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.