Tuesday, June 3, 2008
The Rehearsal Dinner kicks of your wedding weekend! Its the perfect time to show of your style and give them a preview of what is to come on the big day. Several formal brides have loved their bridesmaid dresses so much that they order one for for their rehearsal dinner. With high fashion design in mind, Jim Hjelm has created several dresses that would appropriate for such an event. The rehearsal dinner should be a fun time to mingle with friends and family that just came into town. Don't be afraid to go with a bold color! Have fun with it.
Lazaro, Jim Hjelm's sister company, has just created three new jersey dresses that are light weight and elegant. They are for Fall 2008 and are not online yet. I will make sure to post about them later.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 1:33 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.