Thursday, June 12, 2008
With the wedding day finally over, every bride faces the same question what do I do with my beloved wedding gown? If you would like to keep your gown for years to come then preservation is the answer. Both our Winter Park and Gainesville salons are authorized dealers with the Wedding Gown Preservation Company. This is a third generation, family owned business based out of New York that prides itself on the highest standard of quality and care for the gowns and our brides.
This process is two-fold involving the cleaning and preservation of the gown. The Wedding Gown Preservation Company provides you with a 20 year guarantee to prevent staining and yellowing of your garments. You can also add accessories into the box like your veil and garter!!! And of course there is a window that still allows you to view your gown and the wonderful memories attached to your dress.
I highly recommend preserving your gown!!! Not only will preservation keep your gown protected from the elements but it will give future generations the options of wearing a priceless family heirloom.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 1:07 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.