Trying on wedding dresses is and should be one of the most exciting times in a girl's life. BUT, sometimes that dream of trying on dresses can come to a rushing hault when a bride is forced to use a little imagination for how her wedding gown will actually look on her Special Day. Remember these gowns are just samples, most designers only send sample sizes of 8-14. DON'T WORRY! Professional bridal consultants can show you and fully describe how the dress will look when it is actually YOURS! Models and samples never do the dress justice-but you dream gown really becomes a dream with just the RIGHT SIZING & ALTERATIONS. Take the pictures below for examples...
This dress does not fit the model correctly. Her bust needs to be taken in, she needs a hem, and most of the dress was not made for her. With picking the right size on the designer size chart and some alterations,the wedding dress can look like this...
You dream gown awaits you and with a little imagination, right sizing and alterations it will be everything you wanted and more!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.