Saturday, October 25, 2008
Every wedding gown that comes through our store goes through the same process. They are created by the designer, shipped all the way to our salon, and then set up as our samples.
From there many brides try them on, where they inevitably become worn. Once they are discontinued, and no ones buys them off the rack, these dresses sit and wait for someone who truly wants them.
Today, many of those dresses got a wonderful second chance. Gainesville Community Playhouse waltzed in this afternoon to pick up many of the discontinued dresses so that they can be better used.
It was a win/win situation as we got to give back to our community and the Gainesville Community Playhouse will have over thirty beautiful new dresses to adorn their spectacular shows.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 4:07 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.