Sunday, October 26, 2008
A Bachelorette party can be a time to relax with your best friends and celebrate the upcoming wedding! In case you are asked for ideas, here are ten to inspire by Mindy Weiss with Lisbeth Levine, www.mindyweiss.com:
1. Weekend in Vegas. A visit to Sin City remains a classic for guys and girls. Gambling, clubs, great restaurants, and a spa in every major hotel make for a outstanding combination. Atlantic City is a good alternate choice for those on the East Coast. If you can do without the gambling, Miami Beach might be your answer.
2. Spa Day or Weekend. There's no better way to rejuvenate yourself than through some serious pampering. Find a day spa or destination spa with group areas where everyone can hang out together in between their mani-pedis and body scrubs. Many cities now offer mobile spas that will come to you if someone wants to host the party at her house.
3. The Great Outdoors. For adventurers, consider getting the group together for fishing, white-water rafting, camping or rock climbing.
4. Fun and Games. All the fun of youth, along with martinis! Set up an afternoon or evening of bowling or minigolf, or an amusement park, or even a competitive match of paintball.
5. Dinner and Karaoke. A sushi dinner followed by a visit to a karaoke bar (one that rents out private rooms is great too!) lets everyone get silly as they sing their hearts out.
6. Class Is in Session. Learning something new-and yes, probably making fools of yourselves in the process-can be a great icebreaker if your bachelorettes don't know one another that well. You can book anything from instructional makeovers with a makeup artist to a gourmet cooking lesson. Some dance studios offer belly dancing classes, or you can book a mixologist to teach you how to stir up your favorite cocktails.
7. Roadtrip. Take to the road for a long weekend to see three ball games in three days, tour wineries, hit the beach, or visit quirky attractions.
8. Hee-Haw. If the bride is a country girl, she may prefer a good old-fashioned Virginia Reel. Enjoy a honky-tonk night at a country and western bar, and don't forget your cowboy boots and hats!
9. Wine and Cheese. Fondue parties can be great, messy fun. Communal pots of melted cheese and chocolate seem to encourage giggles and gossip. Do this at home if you've got the equipment (and people willing to chop veggies, meats, and fruits), or you can reserve a big table at a fondue restaurant.
10. Take to the Water. Rent a houseboat and take your crew afloat. You could even rent his-and-hers boats for simultaneous bashes.
Photo: Brides.com by James Merrell
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 3:34 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.