Friday, October 31, 2008
Yesterday I stumbled upon this image of one of my former brides, Lauren. Instantly, I felt it represented what weddings should be all about . . . You and Him! As we blog about the many fantastic and even hilarious memories(such as the time our bride had to do a certain dance to test out a dress) we also recall the more challenging situations that have came up throughout the years. No, we don't really get bridezillas. What we do get is relatives and friends of the bride that put their opinion before the opinions of the bride. This repeatedly breaks our hearts.
When you're out wedding planning its okay to ask for advice from someone that knows your style. Its just advice though. You can take it or lose it. A wedding should represent you and him. That's the beautiful thing about weddings. They all display the style of two people and show the story of how they met. If your maid-of-honor is taking over your wedding, it won't be your story. Stick with what you want. Consult your fiance if you're ever in doubt. Besides, he is one that should know you best at this point.
"Now join hands, and with yours hands your hearts," William Sheakspear.
I've asked several brides if there was anything they would change or was it just perfect? They always say they wish they didn't let others get so involved in the planning. Your wedding shouldn't be put on a judges table. It should be relaxing and about "You and Him"
Don't forget: Make it a fun planning experience. So many of our brides get distraught by making a decision, espeically when it involves several peoples decisions. The hard decision was finding the guy. Thats done! Now, you just have to make sure your not wearing jeans to the wedding.
Image by K-Gallery
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 9:09 AM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.