Thursday, November 6, 2008
Every day, I learn about new and interesting weddings, complete with fun colors and venues. Since I'm not getting married any time soon, I have the freedom to change my mind daily on what kind of wedding I want. Here is my dream wedding of the moment.
Our wedding ceremony will be inside an old white church, fitted with delicate stained glass windows, with yellow and orange flowers everywhere. We will say the traditional wedding vows; something short and sweet. I'll wear a traditional blusher, just so my father will be able to lift it as he gives me away.
If I dare to dream for a second, Elton John will be at the reception playing as we enter as husband and wife. We will laugh with close friends and family who were invited to our small wedding, and dance under the stars.
We will ride away in a 1951 Mk VI Bentley Saloon, as fireworks go off along the side of the driveway.
My dream wedding will be elegant, romantic, and sweet. It's the perfect wedding, right now, for me.
Posted by Tali ~ Solutions Bridal at 4:32 PM
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.