border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5267069663382676130" />
I've never been the type to dream of my wedding, but in an atmosphere like this you do come across ideas that make you wonder! My personal style is clean-line, modern, and fresh. That is exactly what I would portray on my wedding. I'm a firm believer that the little, personal details are what make a wedding. Here are details of my perfect wedding:
Dress Designer: Judd Waddell, in silk ivory with gorgeous detailing without beading.
Formalality: casual, but elegant
Wedding Colors: Shades of chapagne and taupe with touches of green
Invite: 50 close friends and relatives. Keep it intimate.
Location: Hmmmm... Destination for sure. Greek isles would work.
Hair: Soft, romantic, and a little bohemian. No prom dos for me.
Flowers: cream peonies with touches of green hydrangas. I would probably make my flowers the wedding theme, so when you walk into the reception all you smell is flowers.
Bridesmaids: Jim Hjelm, t-length square neck in champagne
Honeymoon: Venice, Italy
For now, I will help create your dream wedding and continue to share ideas.
That the great thing about going to friends weddings when your engaged. You have a totally different take on the details. Its a great way to realize what you DON'T want to do and what you'll snag for your own.
One things for sure, it really helps to create an inspiration board. Whenever in doubt, go back to your board and make sure you follow the scheme.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.