The holidays are over, and 2009 is right around the corner. For everyone it's time for a fresh start. I've noticed however, that for most brides January signals crunch time as far as their wedding is concerned. No longer is the wedding "Next Year", but instead only a few months away. No need to panic. For starters, the semi-annual Florida Bridal Expo at the Hilton in Gainesville is coming up soon: January 25th. So many brides have found the expo one of the most helpful parts of their wedding. Second, we are overly experienced with helping our brides decide which accessories and dresses to pick, and though we don't like to, we can usually do a rush on anything. Though a rush is not preferred at all, it is an option for anyone who is running short on time. With that being said, the good news is that now is the perfect time to take advantage of the new year, and stop procrastinating. Come back in, try on your dress or it's sample, accessorize it, and take care of everything you've been putting off. Maybe you were waiting til closer to the wedding date to get those perfect sparkly shoes, or you're still waiting to get your garter, one of the most forgotten about wedding accessories. So, no worries. It's a new year, and time to get everything taken care of. We can't wait to hear from you again in 2009, and from everyone at Solutions Bridal, Happy New Year!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.