Bridesmaids dresses have come a long way in recent years, from something dreaded to something that you really might wear again. Styles are becoming more flattering, and fabrics are becoming more fun. My newest favorite addition to our salon is the fabulous print bridesmaid dresses. When I first saw the new swatches, I was mesmerized by not only the newest colors, but also the many different prints that are offered. On Dessy's website, you can see all of the newest styles, colors, and prints that they have for the spring. An extra bonus is that you can get matching accessories. A great idea that I saw was having your maid of honor in a print dress with a solid headband, and having the rest of your bridesmaids in solid dresses, with printed headbands. So much fun! I know that it's my favorite new idea, but let us know what you think.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.