Thursday, January 29, 2009
On January 25th, the semi-annual Florida Bridal Expo opened its doors at the Hilton from 12-5pm. The event was a huge success. There were tons of incredible giveaways, NY style fashion show, and an array of vendors that decorated their booths to a tee. We had an emotional Grand Prize Winner that took home the prize. The bride is a well-deserving fit and we can't wait to help her get started on her wedding gown search.
We had so much fun meeting all of our future brides. We can't wait to help them figure out all the fine details to complete the wedding-day look. If you are one of those bridees-to-be and have a question or ready to get started, give us a call. This weekend we have our Marisa Bridal Trunk Show. The exclusive dresses are from the 2009 collection. They don't advertise online or in magazines. This is always a perk and a great way to make sure everyone isn't asking for your dress.
Now that the expo is over, we will be back to blogging. February is a fun-filled month of events so make sure to keep checking out the blog for advice, ideas, event info, and more. We always appreciate your comments and feedback, feel free to post.
Marisa Bridal Trunk Show: January 30th-February 1st
Let's Eat Cake: St. Jude Fundraiser at Paramount Plaza. Come taste cake and cure! Created by Melissa at Masterpeice Weddings. Tickets will be available soon at Solutions Bridal
The Bridal Party: A Girls Night Out, February 19th Call for details!
Lori London Accessories Show: Creative Director, Adam will be bringing in the 2009 collection of feathers, flowers, tiaras, hair pins, and veils, February 20th-22nd
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.