Wednesday, February 25, 2009
I was looking through a magazine and saw a fabulous picture... SHOES!!! The task of picking the bridesmaid dresses is now more open to the girls ideas or to what looks best for them. Adding creative views from the girls keeps them involved and happy too. We know really "it's all about you". Not ready to put it completely in their hands? Give the girls the option to choose their favorite color and/or personal style of shoes. You can censor of course so it won't clash with your wedding but what a great way for them to show their personality! Check out Touch Ups by Benjamin Walk for style and color selections. Finding a medium will keep everyone smiling. Trust me, it will show in your pictures. Another idea is to let them choose accessories or give them options that fits well with their style. I recently had a bride that decided that here girls were going to wear pink shoes! Not only were they adding a little color for shoes she is doing pink accessories too. Fun! One of our beloved accessory designers is expanding their selection. Last weekend we hosted a Lori London Trunk Show here in Gainesville. If you missed us, we have exciting news to share! You can now dye the feathers! Feathers not your style? No problem. The silk flowers can now be made in a color too. Its your choice by sending in a swatch or even having them made from your own favorite material. Keeping it classic with white, ivory or blush? Add a touch of color in the crystal beading of silk flowers. Lori London offers 48 different colors of Swarovski crystals to choose from as well. They make a perfect gift for the girls and a wearable again after the event. Cant wait to see all the new selection? You are in luck, the pieces will be back in store at the end of March for our "Dress Rehearsal". See you there!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.