Most of our clients have relocated to Gainesville for the University of Florida. With their families back in their hometowns, there is always the big question of where to have the wedding. There is the emotional connection you have the back at home weddings, but there are perks to having it where you currently live.
The convenience of talking face-to-face with your vendors during the planning period is irreplaceable. With the great selection of professional vendors right here in Gainesville we recommend checking them out before you start planning a wedding that will take place 100s of miles away. For our budget brides, its a great way to keep that number down. You can still have your extravagant look, but for a little less than what you would pay for in the big city.
Recently we had the great pleasure of personally experiencing the quality service our local vendors have to offer. Last Thursday we hosted an in-store event called The Bridal Party. KB's Kake Kreations melted our mouths with their scrumptious cake truffles as we listened to live music by Travis Clements. Betsy from The Plant Shoppe provided sample bridesmaid bouquets and personal flowers for every bride. Also, Phobooth was all set up for memorable pictures. With all the funky flowers and feathers we had in from Lori London our clients had a blast making the most "haute couture" pictures! Phobooth is a great local biz that can be used as your favors or just a fun surprise for your guest.
We want to hear from our brides. Do you have a local vendor you adore? Post a comment!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.