Friday, February 6, 2009
The Creative Director for Lori London Millinery, Adam, called me to fill me in on all the customizing available with his new 2009 Collection. On February 20th-22nd we will be hosting a Lori London Accessories Show so I had to get the scope. I was pleasantly surprised all the options we had available at our fingertips. Most of our bridal designers allow us to create a couture-one of a kind look for our brides, but when it comes to accessories they tend to not allow much flexibility. On the other hand, Adam loves to do just that. He says most of his ideas come from his brides wanting to remove or add something. They often create the made-to-order piece for their clients and then add the piece to their new collection.
Lori London is a master at creating silk flowers that have a trendy-twist without loosing the organic look. To create your one-of-a-kind look you can dye the flowers/feathers what ever color you desire. We can order extra charmeuse and organza from your bridesmaid and have little silk peonies made for them. If your going for a dramatic, vintage look try out a black feather. All the crystals are available in 45 different Swarovski colors. You can always opt to change the crystals to a fresh water pearl as well. Can't go wrong with options!
Please come explore the trunk full of tiaras, flowers, feathers, veils, and hair pins during our Lori London Accessories Show. It will be held in the Gainesville salon February 20th-22nd. Hope to see you there.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.