Nope. They aren't just for the birds anymore. Feathers are showing up all over the chicest weddings! A soft white or ivory feather can add an ethereal touch to a bouquet, or when used as a hair piece. Feathers can also be used to add a pop of color and texture to centerpieces and boutonnieres. Some of the most popular feathers used are peacock, ostrich, and pheasant feathers. Many different types of feathers can also be dyed to match a particular color scheme.
Lori London has some great accessories with feather accents, such as the hairpin shown above. She often uses them to create beautiful hair pieces that look similar to flower petals. Some of these feathertasic pieces will be available during the trunk show the 17th-19th in our Winter Park salon, and the 24th-26th in the Gainesville salon. Come check out some of these unexpected design elements!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.