Saturday, July 18, 2009
On May 31, 2009 Solutions Bridal rocked the Gaylord Palms Runway in Orlando, Florida. Betsy Hansen photographed the behind the scenes.
There is so much preparation involved before a fashion show. First, we do casting calls to meet the models and fit them into the dresses. Once we fit the dresses to the right model look, we have to tailor the dresses to their body. Then, the dresses are transported to the event location. From there we meet with make and hair stylist Simone from Makeover Station. She carries out the look with couture hairstyles and make-up. Then, we had the finishing touches with Erin Cole jewelry. From there we do the rehearsal and practice the pace with Frank Sinatra in the background. Thirty minutes before the show, models get into their first dress. We crowd around have a touching speech from the owner, Newell Fox. The models line up and get ready for their first step on the runway. Once the fashion show starts, the adrenaline starts going backstage. The thirty minute show feels like two minutes and then its all over. There is a big sigh of relief... ahhh... success. No one tripped and all the dresses made it down. There is so much preparation involved to make the fashion show a success. Two months of prep for 30 minutes of show time, but its aways worth the it! Please come visit us at our next fashion show on September 13th at The Hilton in Gainesville, FL. Enjoy the behind the scenes pictures from Betsy Hansen!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.