Saturday, July 18, 2009
Mrs. Kaitlin Poirier tied the knot on May 31, 2009! I just received the sweetest email with pictures today. I met Kaitlin back in August 2008. She is one of our several Tallahassee clients. When she first called me to make her appointment she sounded really distressed. She had been searching for months and started feeling overwhelmed and confused. I assured her we had the dress for her. Still unsure, she decided to make to drive down to our Gainesville salon. To her disbelief, one of the very first dresses she put on ended up being the one! She was between two and just couldn't decide. I modeled the "2nd favorite" while she stood next to me in the other dress. At that moment, she said the words she never imagined would come out of her mouth.. "I found my dress." The one she was in, was the one! The one she would wear down the aisle 10 months later. Take a look at the dress that finally made the cut!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.