Thursday, August 13, 2009
We just got the news of a fabulous Giveaway going on with one of our local wedding photography boutiques: Pure: Photography by Lindsey Trof! She has completely redone her business branding: colors, logo, website, business cards, blog, and more. To celebrate and share her own excitement, she is having a week of Giveaways before her launch with unique wedding items from both local vendors and some personal Etsy favorites.
Here is how it all works:
Just head over to her blog each day to enter for the daily prize. Every day there will be a new GiveAway with the winner(s) announced the next day. The prizes get larger and more expensive, so be sure to keep coming back.
We are keeping our fingers crossed for all of our brides! Bring home the prizes girls!
Also, since we love Pure: Photography by Lindsey so much, she will be personalizing our salon this November with some of her latest photos. Make sure to stop in and take a look
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.