This past weekend I stumbled upon the style guide for bridesmaids. As every soon-to-be bride knows, picking out the perfect bridesmaid dress can be a stressful event. Questions arise rather or not the girls you've selected will be able to re-wear their bridesmaids dresses. We say go for it! In Style Weddings Summer 2009 issue gave some great hints on how to re-wear and turn your bridesmaid dress into a hot new look for a party or date, and with the right accessories for the office too! Some ideas to re-wear your bridesmaid dress to the office are to match it with a short sleeved cardigan, heels and fun accessories such as a plated necklace. Re-wearing your bridesmaid dress to a date or party is less of a challenge then you might think. Matching the dress with a vintage belt, clutch, and a unique cuff is the perfect look to a semi-formal night out. Hope these ideas are insightful & valuable! -Brittany E.
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.