On Friday, April 18th Solutions Bridal participated in the American Cancer Society's Cure By Design. Seven cancer survivors were selected to model our gowns in the fashion show. We all got the pleasure in meeting these strong, beautiful models. One of the little ones, Marlie, didn't want to take off her dress after the show. She wore a flower girl dress by UsAngels style 909. She looked adorable in her ivory and pink pick up dress. The event is put on every year to raise money for the society. The Gainesville Sun said that over $50,000 was raised during the fashion show. Solutions Bridal is honored to be apart of this event. If you are interested in volunteering or sponsoring the event contact Dana McPherson at 1-888-295-3861.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.