Who doesn't love a good surprise? I was always the kid that couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve because I was too excited for all the wonderful surprises that lay wrapped underneath our tree. Or dreaming of the how your marriage proposal would go, and then one day having that surprise moment happen.
This past weekend the Winter Park salon had one of those special surprises happen! One of our brides had been visiting the salon quite frequently because she was in love with one of our fun Romona Keveza gowns for her Las Vegas wedding. She was so in love that she brought her daughters and future husband in to see the gown, even though she had already purchased her wedding gown. Well she just couldn't get this adorable two-piece, halter neck, ruched bodice, and full tea length skirt out of her head. She brought her fiance into the store on Saturday to see if she could convince him to let her get it. He played hard to get and said that she already had a wedding gown, and although it was perfect for their wedding, it just wasn't going to happen. She was so upset and left in such a hurry that she accidentally left her beautiful necklace in the fitting room. I called her phone to let her know about the necklace and got to speak with her fiance, who said that he wanted to surprise her with the dress!
On Sunday, in she walks to pickup her necklace, and to find out if there was any possible way she could get the dress of her dreams. We told her we left the necklace in the back, and when we brought the necklace out, it was sitting in the bag with her dream dress! She started crying hysetrically when she found out that her fiance had arranged all of this for her! It was such a wonderful thing to be a part of, and her emotional reaction made all the consultants tear up.
This is just another reason why we love our jobs!
Top 10 Advice on finding the DRESS!
- Number One Rule: Be open minded! What you think reminds you of your grandmother's dress on the hanger, may in fact be the dress of your dreams.
- Bring someone that knows your style better than their own. I'm sure the groom doesn't want to see you in something that your bestfriend would wear on her wedding day
- DON'T PURCHASE YOUR DRESS ONLINE! You miss out on the whole experience.
- Don't worry what the groom will think. If he loves you, he will love what you pick.
- Have fun! Remember that you have been dreaming of this day since you were five. Don't let the decision put a cloud over your head
- If you hate the little bow on the dress, ask the consultant if you can order it without.it. Chances are you can. Keep in mind (contrary to what the magazines always say) there might be a charge for it. It won't lower the cost of the dress.
- Price vs. Love: If you love the dress, GO FOR IT! Don't settle for less on what your wearing for your big day. You can always take some of the budget from the centerpieces and so on. No one will know and we won't tell.
- Research designers online and make a scrap book of styles that you like. Do keep in mind, that it may all change when you start trying on.
- Save the group shopping for the mall. This should be a personal experience that you should only share with one or two.
- When you find it, you find it. Don't second guess yourself or you will pick your second favorite.